These resource pages are ongoing and come from many sources including online searches, word of mouth recommendations, books, pamphlets, brochures, and my own travel experiences. If you have anything to add, would like something removed, or something isn’t working correctly, please let me know.
The flags below are meant to give you an idea of which nationalities the link is for or where the company is located. Common sense should tell you if you’re able to use a given link from another country.
Study Abroad Courses
- Amerispan: www.amerispan.com – A variety of study options in a diverse set of countries
- Art History Abroad: www.arthistoryabroad.com – Art history courses throughout Italy for six-weeks or a full summer
- Center for Study Abroad: www.centerforstudyabroad.com – CSA’s mission has always been to provide quality program opportunities at a lower cost, as well as offer more flexibility to best fit each participant.
- Centers for Interamerican Studies: http://cedei.org – To foster understanding among the people of the Americas, CEDEI sponsors a variety of academic activities independently and in conjunction with universities in North and South America.
- Don Quijote: www.donquijote.org – Learn Spanish in Spain and Latin America
- Epiculinary: www.epiculinary.com – Cooking vacations for all tastes and budgets in France, Italy, Spain, Mexico and the US.
- National Registration Center for Study Abroad: www.nrcsa.com – Programs in 42 countries, taught in 23 languages and all evaluated by the NRCSA to choose the best
- School for Field Studies: www.fieldstudies.org – Courses in environmental conservation
Study Abroad Exchange Programs
- AFS Australia: www.afs.org.au – intercultural exchange programs
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS): www.aifs.com – Study abroad in Australia, Austria, Botswana, Brazil, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Peru, Russia, South Africa, Spain and Turkey
- Council on International Educational Exchange: www.ciee.org – Creating and administering programs that allow U.S. college and university students and educators to study and teach abroad, and international students and professionals to study and work in the U.S.
- DAAD German Academic Exchange Service: http://london.daad.de – Study in Germany
- En Famille Overseas: www.enfamilleoverseas.co.uk – Homestay and Family-stay exchanges in parts of Europe and around the UK
- English-Speaking Union: www.esu.org – Opportunities in the US and Canada.
- Society for Australian-German Student Exchange: www.sagse.org.au – The Society for Australian-German Student Exchange (SAGSE) awards scholarships to Australian students each year to travel to Germany during their summer holidays.
- Student Exchange Australia: http://studentexchange.org.au – looking for bright, open minded, flexible young people who are willing to move outside their comfort zones and who want to learn about the world and themselves.
- Swap Canada: www.swap.ca – Great resource for Canadians who want to go overseas.
- Youth for Understanding (YFU): www.yfu.org – Youth For Understanding (YFU) is a non-profit educational organization which offers opportunities for young people around the world to spend a summer, semester or year with a host family in another culture.